Summary: This blog is a beginners' guide for Tik Tok. It will tell you how to use Tik Tok, how to make a Tik Tok video, and tricks to make you popular on Tik Tok.
Tik Tok, owned by a Chinese company ByteDance, was launched as DouYin in China in September 2016 and then introduced to the overseas market as TikTok one year later. Ever since it was released, Tik Tok has pushed a short video viewing and making trend among the young. The statistic shows that 500 million youngsters now obsessed with watching 15 seconds on Tik Tok.
No matter you just want to have fun or gain popularity, Tik Tok, with huge fans, is the right platform to go. Here in this blog, we will show you how to use Tik Tok, how to make a Tik Tok video that gets likes, and offer you some Tik Tok ideas.
1. Start an Account
Tik Tok is a mobile device-based application available both on Android and iOS device's app store. After downloading and installation, log in or follow the prompts to sign up with a Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account. Don't forget to change the profile or nickname.
Image Board: How to TikTok - Start an Account
2. Enjoy Other People's Video
Automatically, you will be brought to the video viewing page. If you like the video, tap the heart icon which is on the right-hand side. You can also enter the comment section by tapping the conversation bubble to make comments on the Tik Tok video you are viewing. To share the video to the social media, tap on the Share icon.
Scroll to your left or click the profile, you will enter the video producer's main page. Follow him or watch other videos from him.
Already followed enough people? Switch to Following to watch videos from those people you liked.
3. Menu Bar
Five icons are on the bottom. Click the first icon shaped like a house, you will get a refreshed page with new recommended videos. Tap on the search icon, you can search any types of video and users. The "+" icon allows you to create videos or upload a video from the Gallery and the message icon offers you access to any notifications.
The last icon is the access to your own main page. From there, you can edit profile, change nickname, view your own videos.
TikTok emphasizes on privacy. Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper right corner, you will be able to set your account as private, or who can download your video, who can send comments, etc.
Image Board: How to TikTok - Menu Bar
TikTok is integrated with video sharing and video creating feature. Creating a TikTok video is extremely easy.
Step 1 Click on the "+" button. If it is your first time to shoot, you need to allow TikTok to access your camera and recorder.
Step 2 Set up the timer, speed, beauty effects, filters, effects, long press the red button to start shooting.
Step 3 Choose one piece of music to level up your video.
Image Board: How to Make the Best TikTok Videos - Step 3
Step 4 Once the film is done, press the red check to go to the editing page.
Step 5 Go to the upper right, you can choose another music, adjust the volume and cut sound.
Step 6 Set one frame of the video as a cover and add other special effects through the two buttons on the down left corner.
- 1. TikTok extends the maximum video length from 15 seconds to 60 seconds! If you need to upload a longer video, record it with a camera instead of recording with TikTok directly.
- 2. TikTok launched a new editing feature - adding text. Maybe some of you, like me, haven't gotten this feature yet. Refer to Part 3 to know some advanced TikTok video editing tips, including making a TikTok video with text.
Unluckily, once your video is on TikTok, you don't really have much room to change it on the application itself. Under this circumstance, relying on some professional video editing tool is a smarter choice.
Head to your profile, select the video you want to edit, then tap the triple-dotted icon. The video would be saved to your mobile device. Now follow us to edit it.
You will need,
* A computer,
* TikTok video you want to edit,
* Music, photos, or video clips. Any materials you want to add to your video,
FlexClip is a professional video editor that helps creating good videos in few steps. Compared with TikTok, it is much easier to operate. Moreover, this program offers you many features, like doing voice-over, adding logo, transitions. Last but not least, FlexClip provides rich royalty-free music, video and photo resources, all of them cost you no money. Go to https://www.flexclip.com and give it a try.
Step 1 Click on the "+" button to add the video clips. Apply video clips or photos from the media library or add transitions if necessary.
Image Board: How to Edit TikTok Videos - Step 1
Step 2 Hit the Text icon to add text to your video. You can also add logos to your video.
Image Board: How to Edit TikTok Videos - Step 2
Step 3 Tap on Music icon next to the Text, upload any songs. If you like, click the Record button to do voice-over.
Image Board: How to Edit TikTok Videos - Step 3
Step 4 Preview and download. Click on Preview button to enter live preview window. Continue editing or download and share to Tik Tok.
- 1. It is suggested to choose 9:16 portrait aspect ratio.
- 2. The downloading time may vary due to the Internet connection. Please be patient.
- 3. You can also use FlexClip to make more cool edits on your Tik Tok video clips. Give it a try!
* Lip Sync Video. A song can inspire many people to create. If you are creative, try the lip sync video and let others see your performance.
* Duet Video. Duet videos are always liked by YouTubers. Open the video from which you want to create a duet, tap on the Share icon and select Duet. Now, you can make a video as you wish.
* Pets Video. What are liked by most people? Pets. If you have cute dogs or cats, make sure to capture each cute moment of them.
* Imitating Other Popular Videos. There are reasons why some videos are popular. You may choose the same topic, or similar way to performance.
* Keep up with the trend. When it is festival, you can make a video about it, like what did you do on this festival, or is there anything interesting on this day. Moreover, if a certain type of video get more views, do make a similar one.
* Show off your skills. Can you DIY clothes? Can you do chorus quickly? Can you speak Chinese or Japanese? Show the skills that make you special.
* Impromptu videos. Always get your camera ready. You might bump into something interesting.
* Travel. Going abroad or some places of interest? Record the scenic views or the people you meet. All people will love that.
Here are some tricks to become popular on Tik Tok.
1. Post regularly and be consistent. You can post videos to Tik Tok once a week or twice a week. If possible, make a series.
2. Connect with other influencers.
3. Share your videos on social media. This is helpful to boost views. On the contrary, you can also mention your Tik Tok profile link or nickname on other social media to get more followers.
4. Be positive. Audiences hate negative contents.
5. Comment on others’video. By doing so, your videos will also get more comments.
6. Reply to each comment. Be interesting and fun while replying.
7. Follow at least 30 accounts per day and unfollow. This is a useful trick to leave your footprint.
8. Invite others to your video. A friend, a child or even a pet can make your Tik Tok video more fun and interesting.
9. Go live. Going live indicates that you care about your fans. They will cherish it and become more loyal.
10. Be exaggerate. TikTok is different from other video sharing sites. You need to be very exaggerate to attract people's eyes.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to make a Tik Tok video that gets likes. If you find this post helpful, please do share it with others. By the way, as you can see, FlexClip is indeed a nice video editor. Go to its main page and explore more.